*** UPDATE: THE WISCONSIN SUPREME COURT HAS RULED THAT THE GOVERNOR CANNOT POSTPONE THE APRIL 7 ELECTION. AS A RESULT, THE EXECUTIVE ORDER ISSUED EARLIER TODAY (APRIL 6) BY GOVERNOR EVERS CANNOT BE CARRIED OUT BY ANY MUNICIPALITY IN THE STATE. CITIZENS WHO WERE PLANNING TO VOTE IN PERSON IN THE APRIL 7 ELECTION MAY DO SO.***
ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS:
BE MINDFUL THAT THIS ORDER WILL FACE AN IMMEDIATE COURT CHALLENGE AND THE ELECTION MAY STILL TAKE PLACE ON APRIL 7th.
Here are summary points of Executive Order #74 issued on April 6th:
1. In person voting is suspended for April 7, 2020, until June 9, 2020 unless the legislature passes and the Governor approves a different date for in person voting.
2. Absentee voting will continue until 5pm on the fifth day before the new in person date.
3. All ballots already cast remain valid.
4. Establishes a special session of the legislature for April 7, 2020 at 2pm to consider a new in person voting date.
5. Provides that those individuals currently serving in an office to be filled based on the Spring 2020 election are authorized to continue fulfilling the duties of those offices.
Visit the Town of Minocqua Voting & Election page for more election information.